May 6, Wednesday
SCENE 2 – Freeze Action on Earth
Before the seventh angel could blow his trumpet, I saw another powerful Angel coming down out of Heaven. This is what I saw:
- He was robed in clouds.
- A rainbow formed a halo over His head.
- His face was radiant like the glow of the sun.
- His legs flamed like pillars of fire.
- He had a little book lying open in His right hand.
- His right foot rested on the ocean and His left foot on the land.
- He shouted and His voice boomed like the roar of a great lion.
- When He shouted, seven thunders answered Him.
I picked up my pen to write down what the thunders had said but was interrupted by a voice from Heaven, saying, “You must not record what the thunders said. It is to remain a secret.”
Then the angel I just described raised His right hand to Heaven and declared an oath:
“Thus says the Living One Who lives forever, He Who created the heavens, the earth, the seas, and all that is in them: ‘No more delay! At the blast of the trumpet of the seventh angel, the mysterious plan of God will be completed precisely as He told His servants, the prophets of old.’”
Then the same voice that stopped me from writing commanded me to approach the mighty Angel and take the little book from His hand. I obeyed; and when I asked Him to give me the book, He said, “Take it; eat the whole thing. It will taste like honey in your mouth but will become bitter in your stomach.”
I took the book and ate it. Just as the Angel had said, it tasted like honey at first but turned sour in my stomach. Then a voice said, “You must prophesy about many peoples, nations, languages, and kings.”
After this I was given a measuring stick and instructed to measure the Temple of God and to count the worshippers. “Don’t measure the outer courtyard, though,” I was told. “It has been turned over to the nations who will trample the holy city for three and one-half years.”
SCENE 3 – Slow Motion / Time-lapse Film of Events on Earth
“During that period I will empower two witnesses who will proclaim My message:
- They will be clothed in sackcloth.
- They are like the two olive trees and two lampstands that stand in the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
- If anyone tries to hurt them, fire will come out of their mouths and consume them.
- Yes, all who attempt to do them harm will meet certain death during those days.
- They will have the authority to
- stop it from raining,
- turn waters into blood,
- strike the earth with any plague as often as they wish.
“At the end of 1,260 days, the Beast will emerge from the Pit and war against them. It will overcome and kill them and their bodies will be left to lie on the streets of the great city, Jerusalem. Yes, the very city in which their Lord was crucified, the city which has become ‘Sodom’ and ‘Egypt’ to all who perceive with spiritual understanding.
“For the next three and a half days, people around the entire earth will be able to live-stream the scene. It will be party time for the world. They will even exchange gifts to celebrate the end of the two witnesses who tormented them for over three years.
“After three and a half days God will breathe life into the corpses, and they will stand up in full view of all. Everyone watching will be terrified. And a booming voice from Heaven will command, “Come up here!” Then, as the stunned viewers watch, they will rise up through the clouds and out of sight.”
Immediately there was a great earthquake which destroyed a tenth of the city and killed seven thousand people. Everyone who didn’t die was terrified and acknowledged the God of Heaven.
The second disaster is over and the third is about to begin.